How we manage your data.
Table of Contents
Who we are
Culture Tech Pty Ltd (ABN 57 162 666 220) (Trading as ‘Culture Tech’)
Level 16, 19 Smith St
Darwin NT 0800
New South Wales
61-63 Parry St
Newcastle West, NSW 2302
This website is operated by Culture Tech. Our website address is: https://culturetech.com.au
In this policy we explain how and why we collect your personal information, how we use it and disclose it, and what controls you have over our use of it. We appreciate that you may have certain concerns about how your personal information is collected, used and shared. We can assure you that we will always handle your personal information securely and carefully. Among other things, we comply with all applicable Australian privacy laws including the Australian Privacy Principles.
Collection of Information
2. Some information provided to us by customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered to be personal information. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information that Culture Tech collects are set out below.
Information that you provide to us
3. We collect personal information that you provide directly to us, such as when you make a purchase, register for an account or enter a competition or promotion. This may include:
(a) your name;
(b) your contact details including your email address, delivery address, phone number and social media handles;
(c) more detailed contact preferences;
(d) information regarding your experiences with our products and services;
(e) employment and company information such as the name of your employer; and
(f) financial information including credit card and payment details.
4. Financial information that is collected via the website is used by Culture Tech to bill you for products and services. Any financial information that is collected is for the purpose of transaction approval and funds transfer. The financial information we collect from you is kept securely and held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
Information that we collect from your use of our website
5. When you use our website, we may also collect personal information about you in the following general categories:
(a) Location information: if you permit a Website or Application to access location services through the permission system in your mobile device, we may collect the precise location of your device.
(b) Transaction information: we collect your transaction details when you place an order, including the products you have ordered, the date and time of your order and the amount charged.
(d) Device information: We may collect information about your device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network.
(e) Other information: We may also collect and log information such as your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with our website.
Information we collect from third parties
6. In addition to the information listed above, in some cases we may collect personal information about you from legitimate third party sources including social media sites and list broker and other data providers that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or they have your permission to do so. This may include:
(a) When you choose to create an account or register for a product or service via a Website or Application using a social media platform such as Facebook;
(b) When a third party has your consent to disclose your personal information to us, such as when you enter a competition or promotion administered by a third party on our behalf;
(c) When it is otherwise lawful for a third party to disclose your personal information to us, such as when we access purchasing information through our business partners or are provided data by a list broker; and
(d) If you apply for credit, we may collect information about your credit history.
How Culture Tech collects, uses and discloses personal information
Active information collected
8. In particular, Culture Tech will collect your personal information from you in the following situations:
(a) If you contact Culture Tech, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
(b) When you participate in any offers, promotions or marketing activities.
(c) When you apply for and/or establish and/or access an account or order a product;
(d) When you conduct certain types of transactions such as cheque purchases or refunds;
(e) When you submit your e-mail address via our website or provide us with personal information via any medium, including our website;
(f) When you place an order via our website to purchase goods, in which case we may require you to provide us with contact information including your name, address, telephone number or email address and financial information (such as credit card details);
(g) When you interact with our website for a specific purpose; and
(h) When you use or browse our website generally.
Cookies and passive information collection
9. As you navigate and access our website, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, and navigational data collection (log files, server logs, and clickstream data). For example, we may collect information about matters including but not limited to the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of our website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where our website is accessed via links in an email or another electronic message we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing our website, such as when you are logged into an account.
10. We may combine your anonymous or personal visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with other personal information collected from you from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing our website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing our website where you have identified yourself, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
Platform and browser permission
11. You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. To learn more about cookies and how to specify your preferences, please search for “cookie” in the “Help” portion of your browser.
12. Mobile platforms such as iOS and Android generally define certain types of information or data that applications cannot access without your consent. Each platform has its own permissions system for obtaining your consent. For example, the iOS platform generally alerts you the first time our website wants permission to access certain types of data, such as location services, and will let you choose whether or not to consent to that request. Android devices will generally notify you of the permissions that our website seeks before you first use our website, and your use of our website constitutes your consent. For iOS devices, you can generally manage your platform level permissions via the Settings section on your device. For Android devices, you can generally manage your platform level permissions.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
13. We collect such personal information so that we can provide you with a great service. We also need this information to deliver products and services to you, to complete transactions on your behalf and to better understand your requirements and preferences. Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purposes:
(a) to maintain the functionality of our website, including the provision of information to you relating to the content available on the website and e-commerce transactions conducted via our website;
(b) for testing purposes;
(c) to fulfil obligations in respect of any terms of service, sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between you and Culture Tech;
(d) to send you any technical, administrative or legal notices important to our website;
(e) to provide you with information about your transactions (including uploading of, access to, and receipt of, content on our website and purchase transactions undertaken on our website) and about content, services and products;
(f) to provide marketing materials, events, special offers, competitions and promotions via any medium including mail, telephone, email, SMS or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel;
(g) to maintain our relationship with you;
(h) to respond to enquiries;
(i) to obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other market research and development (including to record statistical data for marketing analysis);
(j) to enter you into and administer promotions;
(k) to combine with other personal information we hold about you and to assess which of our products and services are most likely to be of interest to you;
(l) to provide you with relevant advertising materials when you browse our website or third party websites;
(m) to provide, maintain and improve our products and services;
(n) to customise our website based on your preferences; and
(p) to share with your social media communities, to the extent allowed by you.
14. For the purposes described above, personal information may be shared with our group companies, promotional partners and other trusted third parties (and their directors, servants and agents) either in Australia or overseas including the United States of America, Singapore, Japan and China.
15. Failure to provide personal information may result in Culture Tech being unable to provide you with the products or services requested by you, provide you with certain content, information, upcoming promotion, event or product information and/or accept promotion entries (where applicable).
16. In order to operate our website or deliver a product or service (including for example, processing of credit card payments), personal information may also be shared with our group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties. Our group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged to perform a variety of functions, such as data storage, fulfilling orders, conducting market research, processing credit card payments, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our website. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. However, these companies may only use such personal information for the purpose of performing that function and may not use it for any other purpose.
17. We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected – that is, to carry on our business and provide services to our customers. We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where you would reasonably expect that we would use the information in such a way (e.g. major delivery companies, mail houses and third-party fulfilment contractors). This information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information, or with your permission.
18. In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
(a) Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
(b) Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
(c) Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting the matter to the relevant authorities;
(d) Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
(e) Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body; and
(f) Where you have requested a service (e.g. hardware installation, assembly or product lease) and we are required to disclose the information to the third party in order to facilitate the provision of the service.
19. Culture Tech and our promotional partners or trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
20. Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, we may send you non-commercial “Administrative Emails”. Administrative Emails relate to your user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular user account. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility.
21. Our website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. Culture Tech is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our websites.
Security and storage
22. We will take all reasonable steps to store your personal information securely. After all, it is in our interests to make sure you feel confident shopping with us.
23. Only authorised team members in our Accounting, Admin, Service and in Marketing have access to our customers’ personal information. Their access is subject to strict controls and procedures.
24. Our e-commerce sites use a security measure called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. SSL locks all your critical information in an encrypted envelope, making it extremely difficult for this information to be intercepted. Our SSL technology is the industry standard in Internet security.
25. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users’ personal information, Culture Tech cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Culture Tech receives your transmission, it makes every reasonable effort to ensure its security on our systems.
26. Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
27. Culture Tech retains the information you provide to us including your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
Access to and correction of personal information
28. Culture Tech is committed to and takes reasonable steps to maintain accurate, timely, relevant, complete and appropriate information about our customers and website users.
29. You may request access to personal information about you held by Culture Tech. Requests for access to your personal information should be made to:
Culture Tech – Accounts Team
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 08 7111 3357
30. Verification of identity is required with a request to access (or update) personal information so that we can ensure your personal information is disclosed only to you.
31. Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice from you.
32. If we refuse to provide you with access to or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
33. Culture Tech will respond to any requests for access or correction within a reasonable time of receipt of the request.
36. We will promptly investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve the matter. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure or we have not responded to you with a determination within a reasonable period of time then you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Transfer of information overseas
37. Culture Tech also informs you that your information may be stored overseas including the United States of America, Singapore, Japan and China. Culture Tech employees and data processors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Culture Tech.
Sale of the company
And Your School
We help schools take their technology based learning to the next level.
Let Us Support Your School.
We’re here to change the culture around tech.
Let us support your school take the leap into technology based learning.
Culture Tech is about supporting and developing our community, so we provide tailored support to all schools, no matter size or location.
Get in touch to for a free consultation.